Saturday, May 07, 2005

First Post

Well, at least it's not the last post.

Does the world really need another knitting blog?

Well, no - but you're getting one anyway. I'm not doing this for you, gentle reader, I'm doing this for me. I spend a great deal of time knitting and I sometimes feel as if it's to little purpose. I'm starting this blog in an attempt to make myself more disciplined in the organization of my projects. I'm hoping that this will mean an end to returning to WIPs (often years later) and finding myself trying to decipher various squiggles on little bits of paper. That's if I can find the bits of paper.

So what's Kate doing now? Well, she's just finished this:



It's my very first Buttonhole Bag. I made it using some thick and thin 100% wool called "Ghost" that I bought in Turin last year. The yarn sat around for months while it tried to decide what it wanted to be. It had various incarnations, but nothing was right.

When I found this pattern I just knew it was the right thing to do. I think it's rather swish and I've made several more since then.

No comments: