Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Another day - more lace.

Spent a lovely day with my friend Clare yesterday - roaming the Cotswolds in her big red Alfa Romeo; eating lunch; visiting Daylesford Farm Shop (don't even bother clicking on that link unless you've got double broadband - it takes forever); visiting Longborough Farm shop, where I bought some rather nice Frozen Strawberry Daquiri Sorbet; buying shoes; taking tea in the Bantam Tearooms (you don't just drink tea in Chipping Campden - you "take" tea) and generally having a nice time. Result? Little knitting accomplished.

I did manage a few rows of the "Hyacinth Mystery". It still looks like a crumpled mess - just a slightly bigger crumpled mess!



A close-up, where it looks slightly less crumpled:




The shadows are a bit distracting in this shot but it's the best I could do - the weather, beautiful yesterday, has taken a turn for the worse. It's like sitting at the bottom of a metal dustbin when someone has just clapped the lid on. These days are known (in our family, at least) as "dustbin lids". Today is a prime example of a dustbin lid. I could not take any pics indoors without the flash. I had to go out into the garden. It could be worse - it could be raining!

Yesterday I had an email from Mike at Heirloom Knitting, telling me THE pattern had been sent. I was lying in wait for that postman this morning. He brought me this:



All these delights. The charts, the explanations, the extract from Sharon's new book (can we pre-order this book, I wonder? If it's anything like her first book it is a "must have").

The yarn samples:



Yes, the yarn samples are very, very skinny. I might even go so far as to say "ultra-skinny" (new technical term).

Have I bitten off more than I can chew?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Hyacinth Mystery looks beautiful!

littlelixie said...

You can do it! The hyacinth does look lovely.

Annie said...

Kate,
Please let me in on your secret. How on earth do you manage to do so much glorious knitting in just 24 hours each day? I am sure you must have the usual distractions (work, kids, housework, cooking etc) yet prolific doesn't even come close! Do you have a secret knitting cupboard that you shut yourself into?