Thursday, September 29, 2005

Bored-er

Yes, I'm bored with the border. It's such slow going. I know that if I don't do it, it won't get done. (As so often in life.) There are nine repeats of 24 rows on each side. I have completed one side and if Blogger would let me, I would show you a picture.

I have also "gone round the bend" - the corner is achieved by short rows and is extremely neat and ingenious and if Blogger would let me, I would show you a picture.

The Morning Star features in the centre of the border, birds at the bottom of the border and the very poetically named "Zig-zag border" is, well, it's a zig-zag border and if Blogger would let me, I would show you a picture.

No pictures here, though.

I'm starting to think about the next big project. The Wedding Ring Shawl will, I think, have to wait. It is obviously a project that requires natural light and plenty of it. As we are entering the "it's so dark we have to have the light on all day long" period of the year (which I hate), so not enough light to see a hand in front of your face. "River" from Rowan 38? A very nice Sharon Miller pattern but maybe just a teeny-tiny bit boring? Some sort of a garment? Maybe "Pandora" also from Rowan 38. (But without the fearful pink bow.) Shock, horror! Something that has to fit? Does this mean I have to do a swatch?

Something from Hanne Falkenburg? Maybe Mermaid? Tari's knitting this at the moment and it's stunning. The trouble is: I think I should use some stash. There is just so much of it. I don't know what I fancy. Help!!

Blogger has relented. There is one picture:



I don't know which is more bored-er, me or it.

3 comments:

Daisy said...

Aha! It's not just me that's having issues with photos and Blogger.

twigletqueen said...

It looks like an amazing shawl just by your past entries, I can't wait to see the finished article.

Anonymous said...

Bored-er is lovely. You MUST do a mermaid. Stunning! Stunning!