Wednesday, April 05, 2006

No, No, Noro.

I am absolutely convinced that Nicky at Shipston Needlecraft is doing it on purpose. She entices me into the shop; she gives me cups of coffee ("Hi, Kate. The kettle's just on." A likely story.); she arranges for the Knitting Police to come and upbraid me in the wool room; and now, to cap it all, she is stocking Noro. Kureyon, Silk Garden, Blossom - there is no end to her wiles.

Naturally, I felt obliged to buy some. It was only two balls of Kureyon and this is what I have made with it:



If you don't know what that is then you'll just have to tune in tomorrow to find out.

Further to the "I'm so clever I can wing the pattern" story of yesterday - I take it all back. I am not that clever. In fact, I am so un-clever that even when I read the pattern for Sharon Miller's "Carolina" repeatedly, I still did not understand quite what she was driving at. I read, and re-read. Nicky read, and re-read. We got out a piece of paper and attempted to make a mock-up of how the thing is made up. We haven't got a clue, not the faintest idea. If anyone has a notion, let me know. Please?

3 comments:

illanna said...

I'm interested to find out what that is, because I have 2 skiens of noro kureyon that I would like to use for something really funky. I'll check back tomorrow!

allisonmariecat said...

Who can resist Kureyon? I will be back tomorrow to see the finished project :)

I very nearly fell off my chair when I read the Knitting Police post. Too funny.

Anonymous said...

I am knitting Carolina. There are some pictures on my blog for February. I have got a bit distracted lately... It did take a bit of faith to believe that it would work. You knit the main rectangle and sew the side seams leaving a hole each side for the arms. Thereafter, the cast-on edge becomes the shawl collar and the cast-off edge becomes the hem (or vice versa). The point of casting on double is so that you have a really stretchy cast-on edge (because you knit into each strand when you pick up stitches for the lace border). Clear as mud?